Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

WICKED!!!


The innocent and pure now wicked!!!

We are wicked people living in a wicked time
I hope this piece touches you with its wicked lines
From the politicians, fooling us with their wicked lies
To the man on the street whose mind is wicked
They are both out to do no good
These times are twisted
Because when men of wisdom spoke
Nobody listened

No love for our fellowman anymore
Hmmm wasn’t that predicted?
The rich shall become poor because of their greed
It shall engulf them and their obsession for wealth shall feed on their souls
Man Kenyon you're cold
No Kenyon you’re real
Kenyon you’re brave
Don’t ever keep your lips sealed
Say what needs to be said
Say what’s on my mind that I keep to myself

Our once precious love is now wicked
Yet vivid memories still linger
In my mind at least
Still at war with the savage beast raging in our hearts apparently
It’s like we take two steps forward and ten steps backwards because of the negativity
But I still hold onto serendipity
Although these days my fate in mankind has dwindled
My hope blistered like shingles
It pains and burns deep
But it won’t make me lose any sleep
I got better things to do with my time
It’s precious and cherished like the flow in this rhyme

Everyone today searches for a sign or a hero
Well I say that hero is you
You can succeed and make true every desire in your heart
No need to be wicked and think wicked thoughts
Just remember those who fought the same fight before you
Learn to forgive and don’t hold onto hurt and pain
Those things leave stains on your soul that can’t easily be removed
With no remorse our nation is proving to be suffering from heartache
Lashing out with heavy rains, bloodshed, politrics and poverty
Sigh… sometimes I want to get away I need some serenity
Then a voice so heavenly whispers in my ear
My son they need you here, have no fear
I will walk before you and make your path clear from the wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment