Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Earth


A hibiscus floats in the wind
A gentle breeze makes the blue jays sing
The sky kisses the moon goodbye to usher in a new day
The sunsets the sunrise and old, ushers in a new way
The waves crash on the seashore
I’m sure when the butterfly flutters past
And the worker ants parade on the surface of the green grass

The beauty of nature reminds me of you
Because the same beauty can be found inside
The suns rays touch my face gently like only you can
The rich soils make me think of the purity of your skin
The rain cleanses me from all impurities
My emotions flow upstream
While my love glows like the moon
My passion emanates like dew in the morning
It all ends like a day gone too soon

Earth
You are fertile and rich
But you let me whither away and die
I've been stripped of my leaves and my flowers I cannot bear fruit
Pollinate me once more
Please stretch out your arms like the branches of the tree
Give me a chance to grow nourish me

No comments:

Post a Comment