Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

On One Knee

Marry Me
On one knee
Marry Me
As far as the eye can see we are in love, infatuated bliss and happiness abounds
Though I have known you for less than a year, we love how the thought of marriage sounds
Yeah we argue and fight constantly, but our love makes up at night
We’re going to have a child together, it’s the right thing to do
We’ve been together for more than 6 years, all I know is you
I’m not getting any younger, my clock is ticking, Mr. man you sicking!
Yes let’s get married! 

Do people these days actually plan marriage?
And I don’t mean the wedding which the most thought and preparation probably goes into
Do couples sit and together really think out the kind of life they want to have with each other?
What the expectations will be?
What changes and compromises they will have to make?
For their sake, for their children’s sake
For God’s sake!
Do people even marry because of love anymore?
We all know people marry for different reasons, money, sex, power, fame
Marriage to many is a game and they are playing to win
Something there bothers me significantly
Somewhere along the line, marriage has lost its beauty
Matrimony is supposed to be a sacred, holy bond between wo and man cemented under the eyes of God
God help us!

Marriage today is like a gloried relationship
And ring on your finger is an accomplishment
Get a degree… check
Get a steady job… check
Buy a car…. check
Get an HDC house... check
Get married… next on my to do list
Marriage is on a sequential list of time bounded things to do in our lives
It has become a frivolous and vain achievement, lacking true substance and appreciation
What does marriage mean to you?

Today the word love has all but lost meaning
Love is now just about feelings
It has become shallow and depthless
A manipulative tool for corruption of the fool
Love is cool, love is popular, love is trendy
Love is Rihanna and Chris Brown
Love is a Bruno Mars slow song
Love is…
Lost in this world, individuals searching to find their soul
No one knows how to love and be loved anymore

In fact sometimes true love is not enough
Sometimes logic has to step in and a tough decision has to be made
Yes I love you and you love me but that’s the extent to how things could be, because
The cause and effect that is tied to our connection just isn’t conducive to marriage
Understand?
I think we undervalue ourselves way too much
A ring on the finger next to your pinky isn’t worth it
Marriage is supposed to be legally binding but people these days are finding the simplest of reasons to end that contract.
Contradictory to how it’s supposed to be, husband and wife as one, together, committed, for love, for honor, forever.
Never have I seen such disregard for something that’s supposed to be of such high esteem

Nevertheless this is the next step I will take
I’m ready, quiet conscience, this isn’t a mistake
Who has eyes to see let them watch
And who has ears to hear let them listen
I’m down on one knee
I love you

Will you marry me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment